U.S. Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
VITA - Mobile - Sunrise
1500 NW 136th Ave, American Express, Sunrise, FL, 33323
Distance: 4 Miles
Provides tax preparation assistance to people who generally make $57,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
CDBG Eligible Referral
VITA Eligibility Earn less than $57,000. If self-employed the business cannot have (a) employees, (b) inventory, (c) depreciation, or (d) loss.
EITC Eligibility No qualifying children in household: income less than $15,820 (if married and filing jointly, $21,710); One qualifying child: income less than $41,756 (if married and filing jointly, $47,646); Two qualifying children: income less than $47,440 (if married and filing jointly, $53,330); Three or more qualifying children: income less than $50,954 (if married and filing jointly, $56,844)
Important Note: If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site.
You qualify for EITC if: you have earned income (income from working) and adjusted gross income within certain limits; AND you, your spouse and any qualifying child you list on your tax return must each have a Social Security number that is valid for employment that was issued before the due date of your return (including extensions). AND You must file: Married filing jointly OR Head of household OR Qualifying widow or widower OR Single You can't claim EITC if your filing status is married filing separately. AND you either: have a child that meets all the qualifying child rules for you, or your spouse if you file a joint return OR meet the rules for those without a qualifying child;
1. Relationship Your son, daughter, adopted child, stepchild, foster child or a descendant of any of them such as your grandchild Brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, stepbrother, stepsister or a descendant of any of them such as a niece or nephew
2. Age At the end of the filing year, your child was younger than you (or your spouse if you file a joint return) and younger than 19 At the end of the filing year, your child was younger than you (or your spouse if you file a joint return) younger than 24 and a full-time student At the end of the filing year, your child was any age and permanently and totally disabled.
3. Residency Child must live with you (or your spouse if you file a joint return) in the United States for more than half of the year
4. Joint Return The child cannot file a joint return for the tax year unless the child and the child's spouse did not have a separate filing requirement and filed the joint return only to claim a refund. Important Note: EITC has special rules for members of the military, members of the clergy, and taxpayers with certain types of disability income or children with disabilities.
- Proof of identification (photo ID
Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents
Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
Proof of foreign status, if applying for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-(Misc) from all employers
Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying numbers such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable.
This provider does not offer this service at other locations.
This provider does not offer other services at this location.
The following services may be helpful:
IRS Tax Helpline - Internal Revenue Service, Plantation, FL
(800) 829-1040 Website
VITA - Fort Lauderdale - Nova Southeastern University, 3100 Ray Ferrero Jr. Blvd, Alvin Sherman Library, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33314
Youth CO-OP - Free Tax Preparation, 12399 SW 53 St, Ste 102, Refugee Services Center, Cooper City, FL, 33330
(954) 961-1542 E-mail